Friday, October 20, 2006

After 21 months....

Finally I can get Josie's hair into pony tails! If you have boys well you won't understand this post ( I wouldn't have before having Josie) Most of you know Josie had hardly any hair, and what hair she did have, well it stuck straight up no matter what we did to it. But about 4 months ago she finally started to get some hair. I can't even take credit for the pony tails! Yesterday at the gym, after I was done working out I walked into the kids room and she had two pony tails in her hair the girl says I hope you don't mind but I put pony tails in her hair! I wanted to cry - cuz well she looked so cute and she didn't look like a baby anymore she looked like a little girl. sniff sniff. It is hard but fun to see your kids get bigger. The gal at the gym said remember when she only had hair that stuck straight up when she first came? I just laughed and said yes I remember! Anyway she looks too cute in the photo, yes I am gushing all about my baby girl. I think she is on her way to being a little diva. She loves to watch me put on make up - when I wear it! And loves to have you play with her hair.... I know I know I was sure she would be a tom boy - guess she'll be the tough girl on the soccer field that looks fabulous! lol....



If you notice int he pic - she has both of her ears pierced too. Funny story - a few years ago before kids... I think I may have been pregnant with John in the nursery at church there was this little girl who only had one ear pierced. We didnt' know the parents very well at the time, so we just never asked why she had one ear pierced. It must be because they are Norwegian. We came to the conclusion. Along with other members of the church. After all Dad's name is Olaff and the little girls name was Kjersti.... I thought If I have a little girl I would never have one ear pierced! Well I am sure you can guess the rest. After getting Josie's ears pierced a couple of months ago - she ripped out one of her ear rings two nights after we got it pierced. I so laughed when it happened. And now that we are great friends with Christine and Olaff, well it just made us laugh all the more! We had eventually asked them what happened to Kjersti's earring. We then told them our "theory" they both laughed. Anyway - funny story. And yes, you should have seen the looks I got from people when they noticed Josie only had one earing. I was half tempted to say - She's Norwegian, it is a Norwegian thing! (Which I am 1/2 Norwwegian!) Have a good day.

5 comments:

Cagle Clan said...

Cute pic!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of Josie--so girly! (this is my test to see if my comment leaving is working again!)

Anonymous said...

YEAH IT WORKED I CAN LEAVE COMMENTSA!

Unknown said...

Josie is so cute! Love the pony tails! Aren't girls fun?

Danae` said...

Oooooh,Josie does look so big!!!How cute is she!!!It would be SO fun to have a girl!!I just get to pretend that little Stephaine is mine!!!She does want to live with me!!...I don't think Karen would mind!!!