Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11

This is the picture of the Ray of Light. I believe it was taken in April of 2001. It actually went up the week after Derrick and I had been in NYC.


As I sit today and think about what happened 5 years ago today. I am in awe of God. I am in awe of God because in this horrible destruction that took place, there were people who were brought together. People helped one another, People made the choices, some made choices to live a better life. Some people made a choice to be angry at God, to say that He allowed this destruction to take place therefor they turned their backs to God. But the cool thing is, many people looked to God and renewed their relationships with Him. Through it all God was and is waiting with His Mercy and Grace. You just have to receive it. I have said this before; life brings us many choices. One decision can lead down a road of destruction and despair. Yet another can lead to a lifetime of fulfillment and happiness. Derrick likes to say all that we have was from a few good choices. I believe that is true. I am a new person in the way that I view things I always used to look at the world as 'half glass empty" now I look at the world in a new light of "half glass full" When you stop looking at the negative and look at things in a positive light, it gives you a whole new outlook on life. I still have some old thought patterns. But I am in the process of retraining my brain on the way to react to situations. "renewing the mind" if you will. As I started my training for the 1/2 marathon I thought I could never run 3 miles with out stopping. Well now I can, and in only a couple of weeks. I am on my way - but with a new attitude of "I can do this" as I run I say that to myself, "you can do this". I always tell my son John, You can do anything you put your mind too. Now when he says "I can't mama", I start him off with " You can do.... and he finishes with "Anything Mama!" Truly it is a mindset. So as I remember today the people that died. While I do still have anger - see previous post- I will look to the positive things. The sense of community the pride of a nation. The truimphs that have taken place, since 9/11/01.


Take a new look at life in a positive light!

No comments: