Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kitchen

Here are some more house pics... these are of the kitchen. I am going to wait to take pics of the living room upstairs we have ordered furniture but it doesn't come in for a while. So until then here are pics of the kitchen. As you can see (those that saw the house before) it is now a completely open floor plan. Before the kitchen was like a galley kitchen boxed in, now I feel like I am not alone when I cook, I can talk to people in the living room. This is one of my favorite areas of the house. I really like how it turned out.

What is funny - is we debated between black and stainless steel appliances, we went with black thinking it would be easier to keep clean. I am not sure that worked to our advantage - but I love the look of them!
This is a pic of our new table - we just love the square ones, and it fits great!
I was trying to let you see the lights here - don't know how well the picture turned out - but this island is all new - we had no counter space on this side of the kitchen before.

3 comments:

Cagle Clan said...

Beautiful!

Carpenters said...

Your house looks great! You guys have waited a long time! Good for you!

Karon

Unknown said...

Oh Wow Em! I love your new kitchen. It is so beautiful! WE went with stainless steel appliances in our new kitchen and they are really hard to keep clean. Takes alot of elbow grease to clean them too. Why can't everything look perfect all the time? LOL! Because I have a toddler that's why! Anyway congrats on your house and all the new stuff you are putting in it. It has been a long time coming for you guys and I am so happy for you.