Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th!!



The things we do for our team! My wonderful group of ladies RTH, had a girls night out last night. It was well timed for me. I needed a night out with adults! We had much food and lots of fun, and even invited strange men to our table (it is was all for the points!)
We moved over the weekend, and I was pretty tired and worn out, so a night out with the girls was fabulous! We went to the Buca de Beppo in Seattle, and then some of the ladies did the midnight run.

Warning read at your own risk: A little note to those that volunteer, I was one of the first people at the finish, to help cut off the timing chips.... the first group of runners came in - 15 min... for a 5k! Wow they are fast! Anyway the guy who came in 5th comes in, stops, turns towards me and then gets sick ... uh hello??? what are you doing??? I guess the look on my face was pretty priceless, so I moved my little stool away from the sickness, and proceeded to help people!! Just a thought if you are running so fast that you are sick at the end of the race, slow down! Unless it is the Olympic trials.... then I say spew all you want, but no prize money? hmmm I wouldn't go all out like that.... ok, done on the gross out story....

I got to volunteer to help out with registration and hand out shirts and timing chips. Pretty easy and fun job, and the bonus is I get a free race! Score on that one. So I am trying to figure out if I will be up for the annual UW Dawg Dash @ the University of Washington! Since I am an alumni I thought that might be a fun run to do.... but it is a week after the marathon in Portland, so I am not sure how feasible it will be for me to do.... we shall see. That is about it for now.
Have a Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Awwwhhh yeah nothing like being in the line of throw up LOL!

M said...

That looks like an awesome night of girl fun!