Monday, August 14, 2006

Are you a light unto the World?

Today I was thinking about many of my friendships. I am friends with all kinds of poeople. Some married, some single, some older than me, some younger than me. Some are christians some are not. It made me think about most christians today just stick to their church friends. They are not out seeking other friendships. It says in Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden" Don't just hide out with your christian friends from church. Befriend those that may need to see some light. After all being friends with someone who is not a christian is not a bad thing. Maybe you can set a good example for them, maybe they want to have what you've got. I am not talking about preaching at every person you think is not a christian, where would that get you? That would get you the look of your just another crazy christian, trying to convert everyone to your beliefs. No, go out and truly let your light shine. After all where was Jesus, hanging out with sinners, prostitutes, thieves. Why? Because he loved people. That is my challenge to you all - Are you hiding in a cave? or are you letting your light shine?

Go let your light shine!

No comments: