Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another goal, another run

I was looking out of our bathroom window today - sad to watch the snow melting away. We have had a great time in the snow this year. Hopefully we will get some more in a week or two. For now it is nice to be able to get out and about with out worrying about snow and ice.

I have my first planned physical activity of the year coming up. I have been sick the past few days so I am not sure if I will be able to run the 10k (6.4 miles I believe) on Sat. Today I had a hard time with a 3 mile run due to dizziness....

So if I don't do that one, then I have a fun run scheduled for March 11th. Liz and I did it last year, and this year we have talked our husbands into doing it too! yeah. We are going to do the St. Paddy's day fun run. It is about 3.5 miles a little longer than a 5k (3.2) It is a fun one - people dress up in all kinds of crazy stuff and run or walk from the Seattle Center to Safeco field. At the finish they have Irish bands and some other fun stuff. So anyway that should be fun. I must admit it is easy to slack off a bit after a goal is accomplished. After the 1/2 marathon, my training hasn't been as intense. I guess that is normal though, that is why I need to keep myself motivated with more races.

Just some thoughts from me today.

1 comment:

MKD said...

Feel better soon so you can go out there & show 'em what you got in your new run!!