Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Is it clear or blurh?

When I was younger - living with the parents we had a family eye doctor, that when he would ask you if you could see the letters on the screen would ask, is it clear or blurh? We used to laugh as a family, making fun of the way he would say it, cuz that is all he would say clear or blurh? then he would adjust the eye machine.

In the last 48 hours my eye has gone from clear.....














to blurh . . .


Yes the pic is of my two different eyes - however I think you will all get the point that my bad eye used to look like the good eye!!
I did go the the doctor today - they think it
may be a staph infection. They have started me on antibiotics, however it (the bad eye) is still swelling and is getting redder since I went to the doctor! So hopefully the meds will kick in and start doing there job soon.

Just a day in the life of Emily!

6 comments:

The Riley's said...

Haha... I just text messaged you about blogging this! How funny. Hopefully today is better than yesturday.... Remeber not to be alarmed but if it doesnt get better that you have to go back to the DR asap.... We still want you to KEEP both eyes..... See you soon (no pun intended :-) )

Unknown said...

Oh Gosh Em! I will pray for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself!

Kenzie said...

You poor thing! I'll be praying for you too!

The Young Family said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts.... yesterday my eye actually stopped swelling shut, (at one point you could barely tell my eye was open it was so swollen) But it did start going down yesterday a little bit, and then by tonight, it looks ALMOST normal. We went to church and unless you looked pretty close at me, you couldn't tell what was wrong. I was afraid to wear any eye makeup too, I don't know what caused the infection so I probably will have to throw out some of the makeup and such I guess.... I don't want it to come back! I didn't take the antihistimine they gave me, cuz I thought I want to know what is causing it, so I tried the antibiotics first.(So glad they worked, I would have been in big trouble if it was the other that would have worked!) Didn't think of that until just now.Anyway thank you for your prayers and good thoughts, except Julia who is still laughing at me.

The Riley's said...

I'm laughing at you!!! I'm laughing with you! :-) Theres a BIG difference!

The Young Family said...

ok, you are right! You are laughing with me! You know me though I would be laughing both at anf with me, Cuz I am such a nice friend. Love you Julia!