Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Got Tagged!

Tagging is one way that bloggers connect with each other and each other's blogs.
I have some great people that I have "met" on line and are interested in running and triathlon. I got tagged by You Run? no, Really You run? blog. As some of you know that I run with, I talk about the people's blogs I read. I find most of these people truly fascinating and very inspirational!

So, here are the rules of tagging:
Tagging is easy. Just copy the following onto your post. The rules of the game are posted at the start of your blog post. In this case, I'm asking you 5 questions about running. Each player answers the 5 questions on their own blog. At the end of your post you tag 5 other people and post their names. Go to their blogs and leave a comment on their blogs telling them they've been tagged and to look at your blog for details. When they've answered the questions on their own blog, they come back to yours to tell you. Got that?

So here goes:


1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?


1998 - hmmm I was definitely not running at this point in my life. I was engaged to Derrick and if memory serves me correctly I was traveling for a company every week of the month, not exactly into exercise - more into eating out every single night.... not a great combo!





2. What is your best/worst running experience?


My best running experience by far has to be the last 6 months of training. I have ran 200+ miles and I have found a group of women that push me and help me to achieve my goals. Best race was my half on Mother's day - PR!! I cut 53 minutes off of my first ever half Nov of 06. This leads us to my worst run would have been my first half in 06'. I had not properly trained (I thought I had, ha ha!!) I couldn't walk for a week after the race! Also I bought a pair of "running shoes" ie) they looked cute - they were not the correct size ( I found out later - I have been wearing the wrong size shoe for years!) My toe nails turned black! Big red flag your shoes don't fit!

3. Why do you run?
I started out for various reasons....but why do I continue to run? I found an outlet that works for me. I run because I am happy, I run because I am sad, I run to clear my head, I run to show my kids a healthy lifestyle, I run for me.

4. What is the best or worst piece of running advice that you've been given about running?hmmm. I don't really have a bad piece of advice - the best piece of advice - Get fitted for your running shoes! priceless!

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

What don't you all know my life is pretty much an open book -

I once traveled on a 3 month road trip with my (now) hubby we drove for a promotional tour for 1800Collect - in a cargo van that had Phil Hartman (rest in peace Phil) on the side of it with big huge words saying, "FREE STUFF"! It was a great gig, traveled to college campuses handing out free stuff. We ended the tour in Los Angeles - we got lost in Compton - we were terrified we were going to get shot and the van taken!!


What else can I tell you -

I have taken 7 years of Spanish! While I am not able to hold on a conversation right now (lack of use) I can understand when people are talking. I can't conjugate the verbs quick enough to hold on a conversation. I once went to Spanish camp in highschool (yeah I know big geek here!) where we spoke only spanish the entire week. Actually I had a lot of fun.

People I will tag: (hopefully they will do this)

1. I have to tag Julia from Julia's Journey I find her so inspirational and I am always proud to call her my friend.

2. Viv, from Im not fit to run , well she is the first blog that I stalked! This is a fun term meaning - I found her blog, I liked it and kept coming back to see if she had posted, then finally I introduced myself to her! I came across her blog, cuz I liked the name of it!

3. Again I loved the name - Athena Diaries in the sports world Athena is given to us girls who are not a size 2 but we are out there defying the odds, and kicking some serious butt! Her story of losing weight is incredibly empowering. (OK - oops she already got tagged by I am still leaving her up cuz I love her story!!)

4. Cindy of Triathlon stuff - warrior woman right here!!

5. Last but not least is Wes from A Code Geek's Tail, love his stories - he just finished a 1/2 ironman! Incredible!

Hopefully all of you are up for the tag challenge - I certainly have enjoyed reading your blogs! Thank you for the encouragement and the courage to keep moving toward my goals!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag!

WOW - "Warrior Woman"...shucks, I'm flattered.

Bill Carter said...

Very cool post. It is always so nice to hear about the cool things people have done.

Congrats on knocking all that time off of your half time.

Viv said...

Muy buenoon taking that huge chunk off the 1/2!