Tuesday, July 04, 2006

We moved to Providence@Swedish campus

Want to clarify something really quick. I just read the first post I made - and I said Derrick could move his arm fully - I realized it sounds like Derrick could actually physically move his arm by himself fully that isn't quite what I meant. Yes he has full movement meaning his arm was not locked in one position. He has gotten a tad more physical movement in his arm back, again baby steps here are huge! Sorry for any confusion. Want to give out the best and most accurate information so bare with me - I am exhausted and tired and overwhelmed right now. I am doing my best in this unchartered waters of my life.

Derrick MOVED TO PROVIDENCE AT SWEDISH CAMPUS. IT IS NOT THE HOSP. I GAVE BIRTH AT THAT IS REGULAR SWEDISH.

HE IS AT 16TH AND JEFFERSON/JAMES. 6TH FLOOR. EAST NEURO REHAB

Cannot tell you how much more relaxed this is (at Providence Swedish campus) already is for both Derrick and I. Harborview literally saved Derrick's life and that is what is important to know about Harborview. If you ever need critical trauma care Harborview is where you WANT to be. Enough said.

Looking at the time - I need to go to bed. "Official" rehab will start tomorrow. I will keep you posted as often as I can. Go hug your husbands or wives and tell them that you love them. Don't take one moment for granted. Life might be too short!

Em

1 comment:

The Riley's said...

I hug and tell my wife every day but I want to tell you and D I love you both as well. Agapee love to you my friend.