Friday, April 14, 2006

Detrix turned 13!

I am feeling really old. Detrix turned 13, actually his birthday was last week. We have just been so busy this week I haven't had a chance to put up all his fun info! I have been in Detrix life since he was 3 which is really cool, because he doesn't remember not having me in his life. It is strange to be a step mom, I love Detrix like my own child, but it is hard because we don't have him all the time. I would love to have him all the time, and I believe we will when he is in highschool. But we don't always know what is happening with him, cuz we don't have him full time. I am a mom and a girl so I want to know what is happening at school, what is happening at his mom's, what his friends are doing... all the really important stuff that boys love to discuss with there step mom! Everyone likes to know what they were like as a baby and a toddler, so Detrix asked that today (cuz John was throwing a fit!) so he said was I like that? And I laughed and said no, you were opposite of John. You were calm and mellow and always listened and obeyed, I seriously do not remember disciplining Detrix very much, if at all. He was and still is a great kid. I am so happy I can be a part of his life! Happy belated blog birthday!

No comments: