Saturday, March 15, 2008

more about me running blah blah blah.....

So if you are sick and tired of hearing about my running well, sorry! Tough, my blog I get to post what I want! Seriously enough with the running I know.... but today was a major milestone for me. I ran an hour and a half with out stopping! So excited. I always have to stop and walk - this time I kept going. woo hoo for me. I ran total of about 9 miles, and I did it in the same time I did 8 miles last week - isn't that cool. I am going to go look for a heart rate monitor this week, I want to know if I am in the correct "zone" my friend Ang has one and burned 2,200 calories... and (ahem) I went a tad bit further than she did - ok the reason I went further was I didn't quite know where the turn around was, and I really had to go to the bathroom so I ran the extra 1/2 a mile just to use a porta potty.... sad, sad, sad I am fully aware. The really bad part was, I could have turned around at the point, I wanted to ~ there was a house they were building and it had a porta potty there! Dang blasted I didn't see it until my run back down the trail..... I wasn't happy. At this point due to my 1/2 mile jaunt and potty I played catch up trying to find all the ladies on the trail. I would have probably stopped -but I knew I had missed them at the turn around.... so I kept running. I like it though I really pushed myself. I am feeling really good about the 1/2 marathon... next week I think I am being talked into a 20k! That is 12 + something miles... really I better get a medal when I am done! Isn't that why you run in races? OK it is my motivation... then you wear the medal all day long, to the grocery store, out to lunch.... where ever you go for the rest of the day! Flaunt it I say ~ flaunt it!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's so funny! I totally wore my Iron Girl metal all day...and that was only a 5k! Ha! Bryan was making fun of me but I didn't care! I say, you run for the medal and the shirt and the free loot! Ha!

Julie D said...

I love to hear people hitting running milestones for the first time. Strangely, in most of my runs, I stop approximately once every mile or two for water, unless I'm on a treadmill then I will drink while running. I'm glad to hear that the half training is going well. Which half are you doing?