Thursday, September 11, 2008

It is amazing to me that the images of 9/11/01 are still so vivid in my head. I remember turning on the tv and watching in horror as the second plane hit. The chaos that began was unheard of... I can't imagine what the people of New York felt as it happened in their city. My prayers go out to all those effected by the terrorist attacks that day.

I was down in California on a business trip, I was stuck in California for days as we couldn't fly anywhere. All flights were shutdown for 5 days.


I hope that I have lived each day since 9/11 with a new sense of urgency:
~ to tell those around me that I love them.
~ to not only tell them, but to show them I love them
~ to live each day as it truly may be my last.
~ to live with no regrets
~ to say my peace if I have a beef with someone and then let it go
~ to go after my dreams
~ to live the best life possible
~ to love others as I would like to be loved
~ to embrace people from all walks of life
~ to look past sins and look at the person on the inside
~ to walk in faith every day; no worrying about tomorrow

May we all love a little more.

2 comments:

Carly said...

I am still haunted by 9/11. thanks for the reminders...you never know what can happen.

Unknown said...

Good sentiments for living in the aftermath. Life is fragile.