Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring? Tom Hanks in Castaway




This is one of my favorite quotes. Funny that my top two quotes from Tom Hanks movies! Weird huh. Just thinking about this quote gives me hope. When I am stuck in a rut, and searching, having a bad day or wondering why on earth I have been through so much in my life. I find comfort in knowing that the sun will rise. No matter what happens. No matter if I can see the sun or not, if the sun is blocked out by clouds it doesn't mean it is not there. No it just means it is blocked out though but given time, the sun will appear. Everyday is a new day, everyday is a new beginning. As I am in a journey that is currently taking me through some extremely hard stuff, I find comfort that tomorrow is a new day. With a new day brings hope. I don't want to lose track of that hope. It could be easy to lose sight of things when you feel like you are in a pit. But I have to remember that each day is a promise. The rain will stop the sun will shine again.